Thursday, June 23, 2016

WeDo2.0 Lego Education

I AM SO EXCITED!
For the 2016-2017 school year, my students will experience Lego BOOT CAMP!
We will use a rigorous program called WeDo2.0 Lego Education to gather evidence, plan, carry out investigations, and design prototypes to solve real world problems. 


I am constantly searching for ways to increase rigor in my classroom. 
WeDo2.0 will be FUN, but it will also give my students the opportunity to learn at high levels!
Rigor is creating an environment in which each student is expected to learn at high levels, and each is supported so he or she can learn at high level, and each student demonstrates learning at high level.  (Blackburn, 2008).


Students will use iPad minis to give life to their models. They will drag and drop blocks on Programming Canvas. They will create program strings. 



Two students will share one Core Set to boost collaboration skills.

I owe a HUGE THANK YOU to the Upper Sandusky Elks Lodge- B.P.O.E. #83! Special "Thank You" to Mark Ratliff for
believing in me and supporting my passion for learning!
Upper Sandusky, OH Lodge No. 83 320 E Wyandot Avenue Lodge Phone: (419) 294-2926 OH WEST CENTRAL District No. 7120

Mark Ratliff
 The kits were purchased with funds from a grant  through the Elks National Foundation.  

I participated in 5 courses to prepare myself for the upcoming year as a WeDo2.0 Instructor in my Team Newell classroom. 
https://sites.google.com/a/usevs.org/team-newell/
In August, members of the B.P.O.E. #83 will visit our classroom to introduce the kits. In the spring, my students will travel to the Elks to share projects and to teach local members how to explore and to create. 




I look forward to sharing many of our WeDo2.0 Adventures with you next year!
If you currently use WeDo2.0 Lego Education in your classroom, I would love to hear about your experiences! Please leave a comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...