Saturday, September 29, 2012

Ten Important Sentences Reading Street

I absolutely love Reading Street 
Ten Important Sentences! 
                                          
This is my 2nd year using them each week in my classroom! We use them whole group and small group!
Why are Sentences so Important? 
"The sentence is the basic means of written communication. In order to be literate and articulate, students need to master sentence power." -Scott Foresman, Reading Street

Students build sentence power by:
1. Arranging events in sequence.
2. Arranging events in beginning, middle, and end.
3. Recognizing cause and effect.
4. Identify main idea and details.
5. Finding and locating facts and opinions.
6. Recalling facts and details. 
7. Practicing fluency.

Unit 1 Week 3 Henry and Mudge  
10 Important Sentences



The only thing that I do NOT like about The 10 Important Sentences is that Pearson/Scott Foresman put them in order! I do not want them in order :) I cut them apart and make my own copies. 

I decided to retype them each week using different shapes and styles! Here is next week! 
Unit 1 Week 5- The Strongest One
Click HERE to Download FREE PDF.
Click HERE to Download SMART Board Notebook file to make your own 10 Important Sentences!I will be using this file to make mine each week!
 Do you use 10 Important Sentences? 

3 comments:

  1. I have never heard of 10 Important Sentences, but it sounds like a great idea! We don't use Reading Street, but I googled it to check it out. Not sure if you've seen this site, but it might be what you're looking for: http://sfreadingatnhes.wikispaces.com/Second+Grade+Ten+Important+Sentences

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the resource KATE! Sure helps! Do you have a SMART Board? I just attached a FREE Notebook File of my first retyping of the 10 important sentences! U could make your own even if you don't use Reading Street! Just pick any 10 :) I love how 10 important sentences forces the students to look in the selection! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I have a SMART Board! Thanks, I will check out your file!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...