Sunday, September 23, 2012

Synonyms & Technology

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/same-meaning-magic-synonyms/id443212030?mt=8
During Daily 5 (Word Work Station), Students use the Same Meaning App to practice SYNONYMS!


Students take a screen shot of results and email me the results.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dictionary.com-dictionary/id308750436?mt=8
Students use the Dictionary/Thesaurus App to find synonyms.


We sing a lot in our classroom! My students do not even mind that I am very pitchy!
I love to use GarageBand to record students!Click to listen to our Synonym Song!

I love using online games on the SMART Board to practice Language Art Skills. Here are 2 games that my students enjoy when learning about synonyms.



While my students were in P.E. I baked Cinnamon Bites! YUM!
Thank You The First Grade Parade for your wonderful synonym ideas & free printables! My class had a great time learning about synonyms and eating real cinnamon rolls!
Class Book
Students were given 2 words (Synonyms). They wrote 1 sentence. They used the same sentence with the synonym on the back. They illustrated both sentences.
Very proud of my student for using the word correctly. I see we need to work on spelling baby!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...