Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sneaky E with Photo Captions HD App

Thank you 1st Grade W.O.W.  & the Tales of a Teacherista for sharing your Sneaky E ideas! I found them on Pinterest! I love them! Here is my "technology" twist to the Sneaky E ideas! 
Photo Captions HD 
I use this APP OFTEN!
After learning and practicing the Sneaky E rule, I introduced our 3 iPads and the Apple TV today by modeling how to turn all students into a SNEAKY E! There were many giggles and "Can I be next?" questions! Students learned how to use the App so they can try it on their own tomorrow using our class iPod Touches. They will need to know how to use this App on their own for future projects.   
Beware of Sneaky E!

He doesn't make a sound!

At the end of words he hangs around!

Sneaky E is on the prowl!

He's on the lookout for all short vowels!
He's been known to sneak about! 
Stealing short sounds and making short vowels shout:
A

E

I

O

U!



















Here is the Photo Caption HD iPod/iPad Direction Sheet that my students used to make a Sneaky E!


Click HERE to download the Free Direction Pages!

7 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness!!!! How great!!! Amazing, actually!! I'm definitely going to try it!!
    Thanks so much for the credit and sharing your amazing tech expertise!!
    :) Nancy
    firstgradewow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Heck!!!! What an amazing idea!!!!! Your students are so lucky to have you as a teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, I love it! Gosh I wish I had some iPads!!! Time to improvise! I just taught my 2nd graders about Super Sneaky E this week :)

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing Mindy! I love it! Thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have any recommendations for Photo Caption apps that are free or inexpensive. I thought that I would try Photo Captions HD free but currently it will not open. My guess is they have not updated for iOS 6 yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so great that you get to have iPads in your class, but this is so cute that I may have to get the app on my own ipad and try this in my own class. So super cute - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved it so much that I shared :
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Multiage-Days/452414918149433

    I'm sure my teacher friends will LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...