Friday, June 29, 2012

Fooducate App- Nutrition Unit

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fooducate/id398436747?mt=8
I found this app while searching for "food" apps to share at my community class. Fooducate is a personal grocery advisor that can help you find healthly food for your family. Fooducate analyzes information found in each product's nutrition panel and ingredient list. You can see information that manufacturers don't want you to notice!
For example: 
sugars, fats, additives, preservatives etc.
  I purchased this FREE app from iTunes and had a blast in my pantry, refrigerator & freezer. 
Here are the results for a few of my favorite items-

No wonder why it takes so good!





I learned that I do not eat many A rated items!
 Ooooppss! If they do not have the results for an item that you scan, they will ask you for information and they will email you. 
There is even a companion blog!


This app might be fun to use for a nutrition unit in your classroom. Students could bring in their favorite items. You could collect data and graph results! 
Do you use this app? If so, are there any food items that totally shocked you? Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...