Wednesday, May 16, 2012

iDVD- End of Year Memories

It's time to import all our iMovies into iDVD!
Each year I make my students a DVD. It's my gift to celebrate our wonderful year! 

iDVD is a DVD creation software application made by Apple Inc. for Mac OS X. iDVD allows the user to add QuickTimeMovies, MP3 music, and digital photos to a DVD that can then be played on a commercial DVD player.[1] It is often considered the last step of Apple's iLife suite, bringing together all the other iLife applications' results onto a removable medium. It is comparable to its Microsoft Windows alternative Windows DVD Maker.
Since I am ending the year with MONO, I thought I would skip it this year - BUT GUESS WHAT???????? Just last week, I ran into an old student who is in high school now. Out of the blue he mentioned that he still had my DVD and he loved to watch it! 
        I better get busy!   I have 24 DVDs to burn!
                 Can't break the tradition now! 
I would love to share the final project with you but there are over 15 iMovies- too big to upload! 
What do you do to celebrate your year with your students? I'd love to hear your ideas! 
                          Leave me a comment!

2 comments:

  1. I have a big end of the year awards ceremony with my students & their parents. I usually make a photostory presentation of all of the pictures that I have taken of the kids over the year. I love your iDVD idea!! I'm going to look more into that.
    Thanks for sharing!,
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! U can put your photostory presentation on a DVD for them to keep! U can burn it on a CD with software called TOAST if you don't have iDVD! Parents would love you if they got their own copy! They can use for graduation :) That's the awesome thing about iMovie- you can make movies from still pictures too! That's what I do! What software do you use for your photostory presentation? iPhoto? photostory app? Very intrigued!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...