Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Timed Reading App.

                   K12 Timed Reading Practice
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/k12-timed-reading-practice/id374985358?mt=8
$1.99 or Lite Version
Students practice fluency, the ability to read smooth and quickly. Track readers stories, words per minute, % above or below average reading rates.








CAUTION: I caught some of my students NOT reading the selections on their own. They were just pressing the arrows to get a "good" time. They now must do this app with a partner. They have to read the selection aloud before turning the pages. I like this app but it's not one of my favorites because I wish it had a record feature and comprehension questions! If any of you find an app that does please let me know ASAP!

Next time I assign this app, I need to remember to make the students ask each other comprehension questions! :)

Do you use this app?
What do you like?
What do you dislike?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...