Saturday, April 28, 2012

May Morning Meeting- Smart Notebook

Here are my favorite resources that I use with Smart Board Notebook Software to conduct my Morning Meeting.  

http://www.responsiveclassroom.org/product/morning-meeting-book

http://www.amazon.com/99-Activities-Greetings-Meeting-Meetings/dp/1892989204
http://www.amazon.com/Morning-Meeting-Afternoon-Wrap-up-Strengths/dp/1884548652
We all have a Morning Meeting or a Daily Calendar time! It's a powerful tool for building community and integrating the teaching of social and academic skills.  After teaching 13+ yrs, I needed a CHANGE! Even though I unpacked a new Saxon Math Meeting set each year and I had tons of my own cute "Morning Meeting" bulletin board sets, I dreaded doing it each day. I went to a tech conference and was inspire by a Kindergarten teacher who had used her SmartBoard for Morning Meeting. I was so excited that I went home that night and made my own. This is my 3rd year (my 16th year of teaching) using Smart Board Notebook software to conduct Morning Meeting. I look forward to it each morning!


The words- Good Morning, Nose, B-Day, Teamwork, and Follow Directions are songs that are linked to my itunes library! 

Each month I chose a different calendar that I found @ Smart Exchange. We "save" after we write the #s on the calendar, so they will be there the next day! 


I needed this page to go with our Saxon Math Meeting. 


This is my dog Aggie. We move her around the world! I love this page because it is awesome to observe who can move the 7 continents and 4 oceans in the proper places. We sing a song to help!

I change the number of squares each day. 








We use this to practice cursive letters and spelling words. 


We always end our meeting with our mission statement and the Pledge of the Allegiance. 
I play the Teamwork song while the students walk back to their seats quietly! Music is a great transition!


What I love about integrating technology while conducting morning meeting: 
1. Students are engaged and involved!
2. It is hands-on! There are so many multimedia/interactive items in the "gallery". 
3. You can change the order of the pages each day to keep students on their toes! You can add pages and eliminate pages. You don't even have to use all the pages!
4. You can collect pages to add to your morning meetings by going to Smart Exchange. 
5. It's fun!
                              Here is a start for you! 
If you find any great pages that you think I would like, please keep me in mind. This summer I have a lot to add to meet the COMMON CORE STANDARDS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...