Thursday, April 5, 2012

Math Common Core Online Resource

This is my new FAVORITE online resource to practice Common Core Standards for MATH!  

Awesome FREE Printables, Instructions &Rubrics!

                      MATH TASK BANK





On Mondays, we work together to solve the task on the Smart Board. Students record pictures, numbers, and words on their own individual copy.  Throughout the week, we continue to practice the same skill & page, but I change the numbers and make new dittos. 

On Fridays, students try the task on their own. Today, one of my students said, "Mrs. Newell, I am getting smarter! I did a "challenge" problem all by myself!" I was so proud of her! As you look at her paper, you will notice that she did not get the pattern completely correct- but she got the # of balloons and the pattern rule correct. Her confidence is growing and she is "thinking" while problem solving! CELEBRATION! 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...