Monday, April 16, 2012

Egg A Sketch App - Writing

Egg A Sketch App- FREE
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/egg-a-sketch/id422494528?mt=8
Draw on a 3-spinning Easter egg. Spin the eggs to draw beautiful spiral patterns in many colors. Hold he egg still to draw your masterpiece by hand. Rotate the egg in 3-D! Lots of Fun!






http://www.amazon.com/The-Easter-Egg-Jan-Brett/dp/039925238X
 In the Easter Egg by Jan Brett, little Hoppi tries to decide what type of egg to make. Hoppi first thinks he will copy one of the types of eggs being made by the other bunnies but then decides that he needs to make an "egg that is right for me". As he thinks about what to do he realizes he doesn't have to win the contest and that he just wants "to make an egg I am proud of." 


We used the Egg A Sketch App to make eggs that we were "proud" of just like Hoppi! We took "screenshots" of the eggs and imported them into iPhoto for a writing activity. 
Unit 5 Reading Street

In our Reading Street story of the week (The Signmaker's Assistant by Tedd Arnold) - Norman, the signmaker's assistant, makes silly signs that end up causing trouble! Norman "teamed" up with the Easter Bunny this YEAR!  Check it out:
I found this awesome writing printable online at: 
http://www.classroomjr.com/easter-story-starters/easter-story-starters/



Brainstorm- Signs Norman might make for our playground! All the things that we wish we could do on our playground but CAN NOT! 

This was our first assignment in ALL cursive.
Students were given a "print" version and were to change it into cursive on their own.  

Egg created with Egg A Sketch


Norman's sign underneath the egg. It flips up.



Check out our creative eggs. 

















Check out Norman's signs:























Students were very disappointed that we did not have a REAL Easter Egg hunt on our playground with Norman's Signs! :)

4 comments:

  1. I love your idea for this story! I taught Reading Street at my school last year. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :) I'm excited to follow you here for more ideas, Mindy!

    P.S.- We're state neighbors :)

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear u aren't from Michigan:) Just teasing! Go Bucks! So did you see my cursive app debate post? How do you feel about it since you are in a state that has chosen not to keep cursive?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be visiting your blog so I can utilize your great ideas in my classroom. Thank you for visiting my blog earlier. I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mindy! I'm so glad you found my blog so I could find yours. :-) I'm your newest follower.
    Barb
    itsabouttimeteachers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...