Thursday, April 12, 2012

Education City


Education City is a great online program to help improve academic performance!
We use it on our Smart Board -whole group, we use it individually on student computers, and we use it at home! 
Click link for a FREE TRIAL!

PROS:
Differentiated instruction- you choose activities for students. 
You can run a variety of reports to monitor student performance.  
All activities align with the COMMON CORE standards. 

CAUTION:
Hide the "QUIT" button under your preferences! Students will quit games if they do not like them. 
Students like using this program during workshop time more than Raz-Kids. 

Do you use Education City? If so, what are your favorite activities? How do you use it? I would love to find out!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Education City! I teach in the UK so use a version tailored to the UK National Curriculum but same idea. Love it for Mental Maths starters as it gets all the children really engaged. I also like the teacher's resources for whole class teaching sessions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennie- This is so awesome that I can talk to a teacher who teaches in the UK! I teach in a rural town in Northwest, OHIO! Do you use the differentiation option for your students? I need to improve. At first, I was pretty good at choosing activities for students, but right now I have all games open to all students on my CITY. I found it hard to "keep up" while trying to integrate a variety of other technology options through out the week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...