Monday, April 16, 2012

Bloom's Taxonomy- Use your Apps Wisely!

Bloom's Taxonomy
Do your students use an iPad or an iPod in your classroom?
 How do you use it?
Do you use it to encourage higher level, critical thinking skills?
Do you use it to increase student achievement?
Do you use it to create, evaluate, analyze, apply, understand, or practice?
DO YOU USE IT TO KEEP YOUR STUDENTS BUSY IN A CENTER TO PLAY?
When our iPods first arrived, I picked APPS that were mostly at the "knowledge" level. We used them during workshop times to "practice". Now I tend to look for APPS that I can use in a variety of ways to encourage ALL the levels such as "Knowledge, Comprehension, Application, Analysis, Synthesis, and Evaluation"!

There are a MILLION + Education Apps available at the itunes store! THINK BLOOM! 
Here is my FAVORITE resource that I use to  "Bloom" My Apps-



Many of the FREE APPS that I have purchased are now 99 cents!
Here are a few of the APPS that I use. It's "what" you do with the APP. that makes the difference! 










See the "iPod & iPad Activity Sheets" label for activities that I have done using these apps. 

I challenge you to use technology as a "tool" to encourage higher level, critical thinking skills. I am constantly searching and thinking of new ways to use APPS. If you have any great ideas- I would love to hear from you!

11 comments:

  1. Love this! A lot of teachers don't even realize Bloom's has changed.

    Best Practices 4 Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am lucky that I have great principals that keep us informed :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to meet you, Mindy! Thanks for following my blog and I am now following yours. You have tons of great information on here. Thanks so much for sharing!
    Dianne
    Hopelessly Devoted to Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mindy!

    Thanks for clicking over and following my blog! I'm glad you got to stop by and enter my giveaway. You have a GREAT blog here, too! I just WISH I had all the fun technology resources that you have. I'll just keep dreaming everytime I read your posts! :)

    Happy Monday!
    ~Jillian
    Just Tinkerin’ Around

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could always write a grant and start small & join me with the "techie" fun! I understand! I am very thankful!

      Delete
  5. Hi Mindy!

    I'm so excited to have found your blog! I can't wait to continue reading about all the wonderful technology tips and resources you have to share! :-)

    Chelsea
    Diving In and Making a Splash

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for checking out my blog. Love your blog as well. Great Ideas!

    Second Grade Perks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love integrating technology into my lessons! I have a K-12 technology endorsement, but the schools I've worked at don't always have the resources necessary to include technology like I would prefer it be included. :( However - I'll be stopping back here often to see what I can find. Thanks for following my blog. I'm your newest follower as well! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome that you have that endorsement! Come teach in Ohio with me :) I am so thankful we have the resources right now! At least until they cut funds :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. I love this. There are so many great ideas out there but I love the tech ideas since that is where the world is going. This is perfect. I am so glad you found my blog so that now I can follow your amazing ideas!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy. Love your kiddos in the your pic! I so admire all of you "moms" who can juggle that full time job along with teaching- and be great at both! AMAZING!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...