Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Celebrating 40, Reading Street, and the Common Core


Mrs. Newell turned 40 today!! 4/30/13 
What an OLD FART :)
We had a FUN Math and ELA Common Core Birthday!


Students predict what they think they will be doing @ 40! Old Fart Booth App predicts what they will look like! I am very thankful that I have good sports in my classroom! The pictures look like 100 years old! We laughed and laughed and laughed! My favorite quotes of the day were: "Mrs. Newell- I look worser than you!"
"I sure hope I don't look like this when I am 40!"


I will be in the army.
I will be helping animals at the vet when I am 40. 

I will be having a job at the hospital like my mom. 

I will be on a chair looking at the TV with my kids. 

I will be a President when I am 40. 

I will be a nurse when I am 40.

I will be a teacher when I am 40. 

I will be feeding my dog or cat when I am 40. 

I will be driving a BMX dirt bike when I am 40 years old.

I will go places around the world. 

I will travel to different states like Oklahoma and California. 

I will be a police officer. 

I will be raising my kids and be a police officer. 

I will work at a pet salon and help pets. 

I will be a music teacher.

I will be driving a firetruck to put out fires at a house when I am forty. 

I will be a teacher. 

I will be taking care of my kids.


I will be an officer. 

I will be UFC Fighter. 

I will go to the Army. 

I will be in the Army. 

I will be driving a van with automatic doors. 

I will be a preschool teacher. 

My teacher friends know me WELL! 
40 Swedish Fish
40 Pretzels
40 Tootsie Rolls
40 Can of Diet Coke
40 Golf Pens
Great week to read A Birthday Basket for Tia.
Reading Street Unit 6 Week 3
Little Cecilia and her cat Chica plan for a surprise party to celebrate her great-aunt's 90th birthday. While Mama cooks beans and cuts up mangoes and watermelon, Cecilia and Chica put together a birthday basket containing a favorite book, a mixing bowl, a flowerpot, and other objects that represent activities the little girl and her great-aunt like to share. After final preparations, including flowers and a piƱata, the musicians arrive; finally Cecilia and her great-aunt dance together. Drawing on the author's experiences in the Mexican American community of El Paso, Texas, this fine story is illustrated by Cecily Lang in a series of simple but striking scenes. A touching story about a very special relationship.

Students are still working on their Birthday Baskets for Mrs. Newell. Will posts pics and paragraphs soon!

Here are a few pages from our 40th Happy B-Day Pack. There are 19 pages in this pack. The activities are aligned to the 2nd grade Math Common Core Standards. 











To purchase $1.00 40th Birthday Pack, click HERE:

Design a Cake for Teacher Freebie:

April 30th is National Oatmeal Cookie Day but I made Diet Coke chocolate cupcakes instead! YUM!

Did you know that Hawaii became a territory of the US on April 30th, 1900? 
Today we finished-
 Hide Tide in Hawaii 
and started Junie B., First Grader Aloha- ha-ha! . 

I bought 'Magic Tree House High Tide in Hawaii Worksheet and Novel Study' on #TeachersPayTeachers - http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Magic-Tree-House-High-Tide-in-Hawaii-Worksheet-and-Novel-

I bought '#28 Magic Tree House- High Tide in Hawaii Questions' on #TeachersPayTeachers - http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/28-Magic-Tree-House-High-Tide-in-Hawaii-Questions

I bought 'Junie B Jones Aloha-ha-ha Cross Curricular Unit' on #TeachersPayTeachers - 

I purchased the book for my iPad (Kindle App). We use our Apple TV which is connected to our Smart Board to view the book to practice many different Common Core Standards/Skills.
We ended my special day with a dance party listening to Pandora Radio- Kidz Bop Station!
I love to hear my students sing!
What a great 40th Birthday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...